Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Another backups failure.. trying to revert fail

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Another backups failure.. trying to revert fails dus to disk space
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:21:34 -0800

> Ok.. I've solved this one myself...
>
> set $TMPDIR to point somewhere with lots of space (in my case
> /storage/tmp)
>
> I'm still curious as to what space is needed and how to precalculate that.

The tmp space needed is approximately the size of the largest file
that is being operated on.  For instance, when backing up,
rdiff-backup will write the new version of a changed file to the
mirror, compute a diff from the new and old versions, and then delete
the old version.  At some point the new and old versions will both be
there.

--
Ben Escoto