Re: [rdiff-backup-users] KeyError: 'ea' problem

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] KeyError: 'ea' problem
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:06:57 +1000

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
While trying to backup with 0.14.3

I assume you mean 0.13.4
unless I have missed something.

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line 607, in get_ea
KeyError: 'ea'

do you have the python Extended Attribute modules?
I haven't seen much testing in this area, and I suggest that unless you really need to backup EAs then you remove/disable the python EA module and try again. You should another harmless warning about not being able to find the ea module.

dave