Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4

From: Kevin Horton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:13:45 -0500

On 5 Nov 2005, at 23:58, Ben Escoto wrote:

Kevin Horton <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:01:12 -0500
I made a fresh backup with rdiff-backup 1.1.0, then did an
incremental backup.  It failed, complaining about not being able to
read a 13M xml file.

Not sure what would cause that.

The file was quite readable, and I couldn't see any reason for the
failure, so I tried again.  This time the backup failed complaining
about corrupt mirror_metadata.

Did it try to regress at the beginning of the session after the failed
one?

I'm not sure to be honest. I didn't note any strange messages at the start to say it was regressing, but I may not have been paying close enough attention. I've already deleted that destination, so I can't try again.

I'll build v1.1.2 today and start trying it out.

Kevin