Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.2 testing - problems

From: Scott Lamb
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 1.1.2 testing - problems
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:56:16 -0800

On 18 Nov 2005, at 21:21, Ben Escoto wrote:
I guess it depends on the size of the resource fork.  I forget how big
resource forks are supposed to be, but there was a discussion a long
time ago when they were added, and whoever added them apparently
thought that they would be small enough to put in the mirror_metadata
file.  Isn't there some quick way on Mac OS to tell how long a file's
resource fork is?

Yep.

$ ls -l 'Quicken Data.qdfm/Contents/Data File/rsrc'
-rw-rw---- 1 slamb slamb 1525662 Nov 25 12:10 Quicken Data.qdfm/ Contents/Data File/rsrc

I think it's unusual for resource forks to be this large - or even exist, on a modern system - but it will be true for any Quicken data file. (address@hidden@# Intuit.)

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>