Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to a mounted samba share

From: dave kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup to a mounted samba share
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 20:25:49 +1100

Martin Kos wrote:
so i thought perhaps i can use rdiff-backup when i mount the samba share on my host (i used cifs) but rdiff-backup stops with the attached error when i use a mounted samba share as destination.

i used rdiff-backup 1.1.5.

is this a problem of unsupported filesystem functions of the cifs?

Hi Martin,
there was no attached error, but I have used cifs extensivly and its pretty sweet. If you send the error I hope we can make it work.

dave