[rdiff-backup-users] Feature (already) requested : file selection with -

From: g . carpentier113
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Feature (already) requested : file selection with --remove-older-than
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:25:34 +0200

Hello there,
I know this has already been asked in the past but I've seen some
features requested on the rdiff-wiki that mention this and I need more
information about it.
I'm working on a web interface that keeps track of user's backuped personnal
data. We want to have some sort of trash can that will track deleted files
(easy).
In order to empty this trash can, we must specify some --include / --exclude
paths.
My question is simply : is it difficult to produce some patch to rdiff-backup
that will allow this feature? My Python skills are not that good so advices,
informations about how is defined a backup, anything that can help us is
welcomed.

Thanks,
Guillaume C.