[rdiff-backup-users] Testversion of rdiff-backup for Windows available -

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Testversion of rdiff-backup for Windows available - testers needed
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 17:22:46 +0200

Hi,

it was a long and bumpy run, but we've got a Windows version of rdiff-backup available for you to grab and test at [1]

As I write in the comments, the binary has been barely tested (I got a bit sick of working under Windows to be honest) and I would be more than happy if someone else could take over the detailed testing and report specific issues under [2] (Merge Requests are even more welcome).

For the even less faint of heart, you'll find under tools/windows in the Git repo instructions and tools on how to build and debug rdiff-backup under Windows. It's based on usage of Ansible but can easily be adapted to other means of doing.

KR, Eric

[1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/pull/141#issuecomment-544157369
[2] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues