Re: Rough milestones for future releases...

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: Rough milestones for future releases...
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 14:49:09 +1100

Eric,
Thanks for generating this list, and in particular a date for the
expected release of 2.0.0.  These dates are important fit into various
distribution releases as well, particularly with such a big change to
python3.
I assume that you are sticking with the numbering scheme that even
numbered minor releases are stable, and odd numbered ones are
development?  This only works if there is an active development
community, which while it exists right now, isn't guaranteed long term.
Secondly, when looking at the later releases, it may be worth looking
at the release schedule for Python, and possibly syncing it with those,
e.g. plan to be 1-2 months after any major change to python.
Anyway, that is some of my early thoughts.
RegardsFrank