Re: Wikipedia article on rdiff-backup

From: ewl+rdiffbackup
Subject: Re: Wikipedia article on rdiff-backup
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 10:03:18 +0100

Hi,

few more comments:

- rdiff-backup-fs exists and we've got a copy in our GitHub group, but I
have strong doubts that it's still working (looking for a volunteer to
maintain BTW).
- "Das Backup kann mittels --no-fsync massiv beschleunigt werden, wobei
aber die zu schreibenden Daten nicht im RAM gepuffert werden, und darum
bei Systemfehlern Datenverluste drohen." is not correct: the data _are_
buffered in RAM and hence can get lost (the "nicht" before "im RAM" is
too much). To be technically very correct, the data is buffered in both
case but, with --no-fsync, they are not immediately written back to disk.
- one other option for "Zeitangaben" is the "xB" where x is the number
of backups (0B being the most recent one), valid for --remove-older-than
and for -r.

Thansk, Eric