Re: Doubled dates in old repositories

From: Eric Lavarde
Subject: Re: Doubled dates in old repositories
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 08:14:17 +0200

Hi,

I've created a fix for the issue at [328], in case someone is willing to
test it on an impacted repo, or rather on a _copy_ of it.

On 20/04/2020 22:04, Dominic Raferd wrote:
>> How do you mean, it fails? A repository not touched since 2013 fails on
>> --verify, or all your repositories fail on `--verify-at-time
>> <time-2013-or-before>`, or even something else?
>
> Sorry yes I mean that verification fails for (all I think) repositories
> before that date.
> The date probably relates to some problem that occurred on our system at
> that time.

The last snapshot can still be recovered by hand, simply with cp or
rsync, but indeed, without more information, it doesn't sound like
something we can fix without a lot of work. Depending on how important
the data is to you, and how much disk space you need to recover, I would
get rid of those repositories all together or "transform" them into
simple file repos by removing the "rdiff-backup-data" directory.

KR, Eric

[328] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/pull/328