Re: rdiff-backup to 2.0.3 on bullseye (ubuntu 20.04)

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: rdiff-backup to 2.0.3 on bullseye (ubuntu 20.04)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 17:39:04 +0100

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 at 17:20, Otto Kekäläinen <otto@debian.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> ke 24. kesäk. 2020 klo 16.14 Dominic Raferd (dominic@timedicer.co.uk)
> kirjoitti:
> >
> > Hi Otto,
> >
> > Thanks for your great work on rdiff-backup and for your PPAs!
> >
> > Can you push forward getting rdiff-backup v2.0.3 version onto bullseye (and
> > thence to Ubuntu 20.04) https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/rdiff-backup?
> >
> > I am reluctant to upgrade my system until this is done (especially because
> > of a fix for verification exit code that is only in 2.0.3).
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> >
> > Dominic
>
> My plan is to get
> https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/305 solved somehow
> first, then upload to Debian the latest version and then submit it for
> a stable update in Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> On Ubuntu it helps the stable update process
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates) if you file a bug on
> Launchpad about this bug, which the update then would fix.

Thanks Otto, is it more helpful if I wait until you have found a
solution for your bug 305 (version does not show correctly under
Debian/Ubuntu) before I file on Launchpad?

FYI, when I am using Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with the standard version of
rdiff-backup (that was automatically upgraded from 1.2.8 when I
upgraded the system from 18.04), I see:

# rdiff-backup --version
rdiff-backup 2.0.0

so - no bug 305?