Re: cross-platform backup tool rdiff-backup on android phone

From: Leland Best
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool rdiff-backup on android phone
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 17:41:02 -0700

Hi Jonas,

On Fri, 2022-01-28 at 09:57 +0100, Jonas Schöpf wrote:
> Hi Leland!
>
> No worries about responses :)

Heh.  Good thing. :^|  Thanks.  Anyway, ...

> I mount my Android device on my laptop and then start the backup of the
> mounted folder.
> So such a loop cannot be a problem and at the moment I have no clue what
> could cause this.

Okay, that eliminates some possible causes.

> If I find the time then I will re-try and test it on the weekend again.
[...]

Sadly, all my attempts to duplicate this have so far failed for an apparently
unrelated reason.  I'm trying to back up my home directory on my laptop by
mounting it via 'sshfs' on my desktop.  The laptop is running Debian
'bookworm/testing' and the desktop is running 'Pop!_OS 21.10'.  For some reason
at some more-or-less random point part way through the backup something goes
haywire with the laptop's Wifi connection.  Have to either figure out how to fix
that, or try my other laptop, or [sigh] try a much smaller backup ... or
something. :^/

Let me (well, us I guess) know if you discover anything.

Cheers
Leland
Leland C. Best      | Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is
lcbpublic@gmail.com |  something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
                    | -- Isaac Asimov
PGP Fingerprint     | 7B23ACB474299DF0E07F6DEBB8FEE465DCB9B6C3

[...]