Re: How to exclude all dotfiles in a folder but include a specific set?

From: Eric Zolf
Subject: Re: How to exclude all dotfiles in a folder but include a specific set?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 07:16:06 +0100

Hi Tobias,

what about something like:

mkdir /tmp/from
touch /tmp/from/.{un,}wanted /tmp/from/also{un,}wanted

rdiff-backup -v5 backup \
        --include /tmp/from/.wanted --exclude /tmp/from/.\* \
        --include /tmp/from/alsowanted --exclude /tmp/from/\* \
        /tmp/from /tmp/bak

(and /tmp/bak contains then only the wanted files)

So first the includes, then the corresponding excludes. It shouldn't make a difference if from the command line using --include/exclude or using files with --include/exclude-globbing-filelist

Hope this helps,
Eric