repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] File checksums and signatures

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] File checksums and signatures
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:19:21 -0400

On 03/13/2016 12:15 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Current ethical repository criteria list does not note anything related
> to downloaded data integrity and authenticity check. In my opinion those
> subject is closely related to security, and privacy is impossible
> without security.

git offers users the ability to sign and verify commits and tags as part
of its internal format. I assumed this feature is available for all
major sites that support git, but it might be worth some quick testing.

       git-verify-commit(1)
           Check the GPG signature of commits.

       git-verify-tag(1)
           Check the GPG signature of tags.