repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Include Gogs (Notabug.org) for consideration

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Include Gogs (Notabug.org) for consideration
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 21:14:40 +0100

On 29/04/16 04:19, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
Do you know if NotABug has any of their own custom code?  It might be
worth having someone talk to Gogs developers or submit a patch for
a licensing format recognized by LibreJS.
There may be a negligible amount of custom code. However, it may take a while for a patch submitted to the Gogs developers to be incorporated into NotABug - Gogs is currently at version 0.9.22, while NotABug is running Gogs 0.6.1 Beta.
Criterion-wise, that's fine; it's not essential for using the site.
Excellent. Once Zak has the time to check over the other aspects of the evaluation I'll publish an updated version indicating that NotABug has passed this section.
Does it have a license selection in the sense of verbatim licenses, or a
license to list on, say, a project page (as metadata)?  To me, if it's
the latter, it'd be important to be GPLv3+; otherwise, the license is
the license, IMO.

Zak: That's how I interpreted it in the GitLab evaluation.  For example,
GitLab has a license dropdown for creating a LICENSE file; it doens't
make sense to have GPLv3+ there, because that isn't the license;
or-later is granted in the license header or elsewhere.
NotABug is the same as GitLab. There is a dropdown menu in the repo creation stage that lists several licenses, with GPL v3 (as well as v2) being part of that list.
It seems pretty straightforward to me.  Let's see what Zak has to
say.  I'm assuming it'll have to be run by Richard in the end in any case.
I've seen Zak's latest message and just to clarify that there is no rush for this from my part: I'm currently very busy revising for my Scottish Higher exams, so I don't have much free time either! (Otherwise I would have time to campaign against DRM for Tuesday).

Andrew