repo-criteria-discuss

Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 10:37:43 -0400

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 22:19:17 -0400 Richard wrote:
> That would be logical but it is not what we found out.  The FSF's
> lawyer said we had no legal requirement to block users from those
> countries, so we don't.  But GitHub did.

ok, so there is the implied caveat:

  Does not discriminate against classes of users, or against any
  country [unless required by law to do so]. (C2)

or

  Does not discriminate against classes of users, or against any
  country [of their own accord]. (C2)

i remember this was a point of confusion in some discussion -
the admin objected, that operators may be compelled to fail C2
at any time, and perhaps not at other times