repo-criteria-discuss

Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 03:15:51 -0400

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 00:53:39 -0400 Richard wrote:
>   >   "We recommend that you use the GPLv3-or-later for your project"
> Do you see anything in the site that seems to lead people in another
> direction?

no, it is not the norm - most forges do not mention _anything_
about specific licenses - not a single word

the norm is simply a 'drop-down' option selector, with terse
labels: [ 'BSD', 'MIT', 'GPL3', 'None', .... ] - the only
priority, which anyone may interpret from it, is the vertical
order of the options

the options are presented once, upon new repo instantiation; and
the result is only to initialize the new repo with a license
file and an empty README