repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Gitlab C2

From: Marcos Marado
Subject: Re: Gitlab C2
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:36:06 +0000

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021, 03:56 Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
  > That the gitlab.com web site blocks connections from Iran.

What does gitlab.com say its policy is
towards use by Iranians in Iran?  That is important, too.

I have seen an "official" statement from Gitlab specifically about Iran, here:
https://twitter.com/gitlab/status/1312732642228527104?t=Rao1JTPg9FtwGOJCNv2m0g&s=19

The statement reads:
"This is a result of moving to a new vendor. In accordance with the guidance provided by the U.S. government, and not determined by GitLab, there are some countries that cannot access our platform. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused users.
https://t.co/JRDR7ucHVN "

Best regards,
--
~marado