reproduce-devel

[task #15686] Removing original software URLs from Maneage?

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15686] Removing original software URLs from Maneage?
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 00:29:37 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15686 (project reproduce):

        Percent Complete:                     60% => 90%
             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #10:

I implemented a first draft of this task in 'basic.mk', you can see it in
Commit 97d464c206
<https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/commit/97d464c206b>. The build
successfully went all the way to the end of 'basic.mk' on my system.

As described in the commit message, software management is now SO MUCH more
easier! The tarballs are downloaded in the same recipe that the program is
built. So to edit build instructions of a program, we only have to look into
one recipe. Not like before that we had to check the tarball downloading
recipe (which was long and ugly) and later, the actual build recipe.

Boud, you will also see the newly added 'reproduce/software/config/urls.conf'
file. All the old software-specific URLs have been moved here, but they are
all commented. If a user prefers to use them, they just have to un-comment the
proper line. When the respective Make-variable is not empty, the given URL is
preferred, before going onto Zenodo.

I will go onto the high-level.mk and python.mk files on Friday, but please
have a look and share your thoughts if anything comes up ;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15686>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/