reproduce-devel

[task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15701] Sandboxing the execution of the project
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 06:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, task #15701 (project reproduce):

I must confess that the scenario you described with "rm -rf" happened to me
once! Fortunately I wasn't root, but before I could understand the mistake, my
home directory was gone!!!

But Looking back at that experience, it happened while I was developing my own
project (it was a simple typo that can happen in any script!).

Running something like Lintian on every test run of the project will make it
slow and probably many will just disable it!

Generally when packaging Gnuastro for Debian I like the Lintian wornings! Like
the spell-checking in the source code and comments ;-)! But I agree
maintaining something like Lintian will be too much work for us now!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15701>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/