reproduce-devel

[task #15698] Queue for adding new software

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15698] Queue for adding new software
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:05:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #15698 (project reproduce):

It was a long time that we hadn't updated the software in Maneage and some
were already becoming outdated! So I went through all the basic software (as
well as some of the high-level and python software), and updated their
versions (+35 packages) in a commit on project-dev
<https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/commit/281e624846e52>.

I tried them in a clean build (with '--all-highlevel'), and Maneage built
nicely on ArchLinux and a slim Debian (on Docker). Raul, if you get the chance
to check them on your macOS it would be great (but no problem if you don't get
a chance ;-)).

I will merge this branch into Maneage in one week, so if anyone gets a chance
to try it out, please do so and post any problem you may find as a bug ;-).

Also, if anyone is familiar with Travis CI <https://travis-ci.org/>, it would
be great if we could setup an automatic build for such version updates.
Apparently it has no cost for free software, and it also tests on macOS, as
well as several GNU/Linux distros.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15698>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/