reproduce-devel

[task #15737] slurm - openmpi - (PMIx+libevent+hwloc)

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15737] slurm - openmpi - (PMIx+libevent+hwloc)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 18:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, task #15737 (project reproduce):

If the problem is just about the C libraries, please try this:

Put a link to these libraries manually under '.local/lib', for example the
command below from the top project directory then re-run the project with the
problematic package.

ln -s /lib64/libc.so.6 .local/lib/

In basic.mk
<http://git.maneage.org/project.git/tree/reproduce/software/make/basic.mk#n203>
we already do this for 'libdl' and 'libpthread' (under the 'low-level-links'
target that we define for programs we don't build yet, mostly for macOS
tools!). However, we assume they are in '/usr/lib', not '/lib64', so if that
is indeed the problem, we should manually check where the C library is
installed (very easy with an 'ldd' command on any program!) and use that
location for links to the host's C library within the project.

I hope this temporary work-around fixes the problem until task #15390 is
complete ;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15737>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/