reproduce-devel

[bug #59587] Checking Xcode fails

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #59587] Checking Xcode fails
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:47:03 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #59587 (project reproduce):

For some reason, only the first paragraph of the main report was stored on the
webpage (but it was sent as an email). Just for the record on Savannah, here
is the rest of the original report:

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer
directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools
instance

Since she had already built Maneage before, we figured it may be due to the
recent Commit 0c882a44
<http://git.maneage.org/project.git/commit/?id=0c882a44> (where we check to
see if Xcode is available on macOS systems). The problem is also internal to
Xcode apparently, so the 'which xcodebuild' has apparently succeed.

As a fast fix, she commented the line below and the configure script was able
to progress and successfully pass this step.

xcode_version=$(xcodebuild -version | grep Xcode)

I had a fast search but since I am not too familiar with macOS, I couldn't
find the problem. Raul, can you see what is causing this issue so we can
hopefully account for it automatically (or atleast tell the users what to do
to fix it)?

Alternatively, maybe we can just remove this statement: merely checking for
the existance of 'xcodebuild' can be enough.

What do you think Raul? Mahdieh can run any test command you recommend to help
debug this, she is in the Cc of this bug.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?59587>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/