reproduce-devel

[task #15827] Building Less within basic.mk

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15827] Building Less within basic.mk
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 20:13:38 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 90%
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Less is rarely used in non-interactive mode and is primarily intended for
interactively viewing large files. So its need within Maneage (for batch
processing) wasn't often felt until now.

However, when running './project shell' (which completely closes-off the
outside environment), or building a Maneage'd project within a minimal
container that doesn't have less, it becomes hard to use Git (and in
particular its 'diff' output which depends on 'less') or to easily view large
files.

So I just included Less in Commit 021ff34c256
<https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/commit/021ff34c256> on a branch
called less in the project-dev <https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev>
repository. See the commit message for more.

I will hopefully merge it into Maneage in the next few days, but I wanted to
get your thoughts or suggestions on doing this. Also, Raul, when you get the
chance, can you try building this commit on your macOS to confirm if
everything is fine there too?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15827>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/