reproduce-devel

[bug #63054] Pyerfa crash, setting setuptools_scm as a prerequisite of p

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [bug #63054] Pyerfa crash, setting setuptools_scm as a prerequisite of pyerfa
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 16:09:51 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #63054 (project reproduce):

See my two merge requests at bug #61811 for overlapping discussion.

Rather than adding 'setuptools_scm' for _all_ python packages, or rather than
waiting until someone reports a problem for a package, a systematic way to
benefit from the work of the Debian Astro group would be, for each of our
python packages, to look at

https://tracker.debian.org/PACKAGENAME

after checking/searching for the matching debian PACKAGENAME; once the tracker
web page is found, go to 'browse' (left-hand column), 'debian/' and find the
file 'control', and see what prerequisites Debian Astro think are needed (a
few packages are not on salsa.debian.org, but a 'browse' source button should
be available somewhere on the tracker). 'Build-Depends:' are for building;
'Depends:' are for running.

Adding 'setuptools_scm' as a prerequisite for 'pyyaml' made no difference for
me, and it's not listed in the Debian Astro control file [1].

With core maneage 4318670, I have _not_ detected any errors compiling
_pyerfa_.

[1]
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/pyyaml/-/blob/debian/master/debian/control

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?63054>