jami

[Jami] Jami licensing question

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Jami] Jami licensing question
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 13:27:25 -0500

The license is said to be GPLv3+.  But it is available on iOS.  So
something seems to be amiss.  I'm guessing that there is some CLA if
people want to contribute changes, and that there is some proprietary
relicensing going on.

(If there has been some change and you are distributing Jami on iOS under
the GPL, so that users have the right and ability to redistribute the
binary, then I will be very happy for someone to explain to me how
confused I am.)

If there is relicensing for the app store going on, this seems very
surprising for a GNU package, and isn't explained.