jami

Wrong Simplified Chinese Translation in Jami for Mac GUI version 2023091

From: Shixiong Tian
Subject: Wrong Simplified Chinese Translation in Jami for Mac GUI version 202309141514
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:39:39 +0800

Hello,

There are several apparently wrong translated Simplified Chinese strings.

I've corrected them about 4 months ago, but they are still present in version 202309141514.

These wrong translated strings are mostly translated by bot.

For example: In preferences-general-location sharing:

Machine translatiion of 'Position share duration' is: '位置股份持续时间'. Here ‘股份' is noun, it means a part of company's capital, stock. But 'share' here should be translated to '分享', which means to tell someone about something, or to post/repost on internet.

I see lots of machine translation on transifex.
Please consider using human contributed translation instead of machine translation. If you prefer the later, then please tell us so we can save our time and energy.

Another problem is some of the translation in GUI are correct, but displayed in Traditional Chinese. Those strings are already translated in Simplified Chinese.

--
Regards,

Tin
Fedora Project Contributor