rule-list

[Rule-list] Suggestions for having a small install.

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] Suggestions for having a small install.
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:20:04 +0200

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 12:15:54 at 12:15:54PM -0400, C David Rigby wrote:
> Eugene Wong wrote:
> >Hi.
>
> >>2.) Another idea is to make Slinky just a program that parses
> >>KickStart files; no prompting; no interaction. We could give out
> >>sample KickStart files and encourage them to customize the samples. As
> >>it is, RH already has samples and already has documentation. We only
> >>need an install program that will use these scripts. If we made Slinky
> >>do this, then we should probably try and make it work with ftp and
> >>other installation methods [according to RH6.0, we could only use
> >>CDROM & NFS].
> >>
> >>Thoughts?
>

> I find this option particularly attractive.  It fits how I would like to

I like it a lot too, but isn't it something to do in *parallel* to
slinky and/or miniconda rather than add to/modify them? In other
words, how much (in standard RH) a kickstart install  is done by a separate
program/procedure/whatever and how much it is "built in" the standard
installer?

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti