rule-list

[Rule-list] The 19 MB ISO, laptops, and WinNT partitions

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: [Rule-list] The 19 MB ISO, laptops, and WinNT partitions
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:50:50 +0200

Michael,

I have a laptop with CDROM **OR** FLOPPY and a network PCMCIA card.
The laptop also has a WinNT partition that *must* remain untouched.

Said this, and also that obviously I will backup everything on that
partition before trying, and never sue anybody if I lose it anyway:

1) is the installer in that ISO able to just leave alone that
partition?

2) would it work with a PCMCIA network card?

3) If not: the way I upgrade RH on that laptop is to copy the boot
   images from new CDs in a /NEWDISTRO/ directory, change LILO to
   boot from /NEWDISTRO/_the_install_boot_image_, and reboot with the
   CD ROM drive inserted and containing disc 1: could I do it this
   time?

Looking forward to try it!

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti