rule-list

Re: [RULE] About the screenshot tool

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] About the screenshot tool
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:03:51 +0200

On Mon, May 12, 2003 00:52:24 at 12:52:24AM -0400, Fratoni Michael
(address@hidden) wrote:

> If it can be modified to use 'xwd | convert' then perl and netpbbm can be
> avoided.

If convert accepts STDIN (and it surely does) the script can be
modified for sure. It has to do more or less like this:

         xwd _with_options_as_today | convert > /tmp/screenshot.png

         _ask_the_file_name_with_Xdialog_

         mv  /tmp/screenshot.png  $HOME/nome_chosen_by_user

         Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Excuse me for being greedy, but I want freedom and good government.
Both a flourishing economy and a well-cared-for earth. A society that
is diverse and communal.. that offers both privacy and accountability.
One that can afford a big conscience, along with lots of neat toys.
                             -- David Brin -- The Transparent Society