savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #809] file mode should be 2775 in any cases

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #809] file mode should be 2775 in any cases
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 09:18:35 -0400

=================== BUG #809: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=809&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Jul-13 15:18 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Works for me
              Status | Open                      | Closed

User can do chmod by using sftp. This request is over.

=================== BUG #809: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: yeupou                    Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jul-05 14:45
Category:  Download area                Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  When people upload files to their download area, in some
case, the mode of it is not 2775 as it should be (option -p - that could be
usefull to conserve mtime, ctime- cause this).

This results in many kind of problems. And since only admins have a shell
account, only admins can fix this.

Instead of permitting to users to set mode by themselves (Should we allow
people to create directories with restricted access? It doesnt seem compatible
with our policy.), we should do something that would automatically chmod the
files in a proper way.

The easiest way to do this should be to do a chmod 2775 /upload/* -R on a
cronjob, but I'm sure it exists ways to do this automatically with ssh that
avoid to use so much ressources to do a so minor task.

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-Jul-13 15:18             By: yeupou
User can do chmod by using sftp. This request is over.

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=809&group_id=11