savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: Patch

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: Patch
Date: 01 Apr 2003 15:57:45 +0200

> Fine, with me. I am a lazy slob. If others do i18n work using gettext,
> I am fine with it.
>
> But how do you plan to i18n the large pieces of plain HTML that are
> abound? Or should all texts go into the gettext/site-local parts and
> only the structure remain?

gettext will manage usual and frequent strings.

Site speficic part will remains in the etc directory.
When browsing for instance in german, the software will look for a
etc/site-specific/$content.de.txt . If it exists, it will be printed,
if not it will use the default file.

In addition, it will surely print the mtime of current file and
the mtime of the default file.

--
Mathieu Roy