savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Translator, proof-reader and designer

From: Chúss Fernández Vélez
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Translator, proof-reader and designer
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:09:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hello friends,

My name is Chúss and I would like to steal a bit of
your time just to introduce myself. I am an
experienced spanish-english translator, proof-reader
and designer, and I would be very happy to collaborate
with you. Thanks for your time and kind regards,
Chúss

MARÍA JESÚS FERNÁNDEZ VÉLEZ

Address:        C/ Torre del Oro, 3 (Urb. La Atalaya)
Edif. Centro de Empresas, despacho 10
11140 Conil de la Frontera (Cádiz) SPAIN
Telephone:      (34) 56 441463
E-mail: address@hidden
Nationality:    Spanish
Sex:    Female

Education:

1997    Teacher Training Course (CAP), University of
Cádiz.
1987-91 “Diplomada en Traducción Inglesa” (three-year
University degree in English Translation), Escuela
Universitaria de Traductores e Intérpretes, University
of Granada.

Other qualifications:

2003    German for Tourism, Conil (Cádiz)
2003    Self-employment for Women, Barbate (Cádiz).
2002    Flash 5.0, Seville.
2001-02 Freehand 9.0, Seville.
2000    Photoshop, Seville.
2000    HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop 5.5, Madrid.
1999    QuarkXpress (Macintosh), Madrid.
1998    Internet and Powerpoint, Córdoba.

Languages:

English

1994-95 I lived and worked in England from July, 1994
until November, 1995. More details in Work experience
section.
1991-92         Título de Inglés de Primer Ciclo (three-year
degree in English), Escuela Oficial de Idiomas, Cádiz.
1990-92 Included as expert of English Language in the
“Fichero Homologado de Expertos de la Dirección
Provincial de Empleo” (official list at the Employment
Centre), Cádiz.
1990    English Examination held by the Department of the
Navy (USA). Maximum qualification. Rota Military Base,
Cádiz.
1987    Passed First Certificate in English exam by the
University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate.
1985    English Test set by the University of Cambridge
Local  Examinations Syndicate. Considered to be of an
equivalent standard to the Preliminary English Test
also set by the University of Cambridge Local
Examinations Syndicate.
1975-87 I received twelve years of English private
lessons (daily) with my father, who is a professor of
English at the University of Cádiz.

French

1995-97 I received two years of French private lessons
with a teacher at the University of Cádiz.
1987-90 Three years of French at the University of
Granada.
1982-87 I received five years of French private
lessons (daily) with my father, who is a professor of
English at the University of Cádiz.
 Work experience:

Currently       I am the freelance translator, proof-reader
and editor for two publishing companies (Pearson
Education and Burlington Books). I also work as
QuarkXpress designer person for their respective
design departments (freelance).
        I started working as a freelance translator for De La
Rosa & Asociados (Lawyers Bureau) in May, 2002.
        In June I finished working in a graphic arts company
laying out documents in QuarkXpress and dealing with
Photoshop and Freehand programs in Egondi Artes
Gráficas, Seville (2000-02). Now I work for them as a
freelance designer.
        I am the official English translator (freelance) for
Delphi Automotive Systems, Cádiz, since 1991.
        I am a freelance translator for the official magazine
of the University of Cádiz, called Tavira.
1998-2001       Freelance proof-reader of Spanish for the
SGAE (General Society of Authors and Editors in
Spain), Madrid.
2000    I translated a game called “Vampire: The
Masquerade – Redemption” from English into Spanish for
a company called TRAMEC, Spain.
1998-2000       I worked as production editor, proof-reader
of Spanish, and QuarkXpress designer in Burlington
Books, a publishing company of English books
specifically designed for the Spanish education
market. Now I continue to be a freelance translator
for their Secondary, Primary and Pre-Primary courses
of English.
1997-98 Tutor of courses organised by the Social
European Fund: Secretarial functions, Sales
Management, Area Managers.
1997    Teacher of English and French, Forinsur, Cádiz.
1997    Teacher of Business English and Translation,
Forinsur, Cádiz.
1996-98 Freelance English translator for the
following:
        Arthur Andersen, Seville.
        Agencia Swiss (Translations Centre), Cádiz.
        Surimex, S.A., (naval components), Cádiz.
        Trinity School (translations for the El Puerto de
Santa María Town Hall, and the University of Seville),
Cádiz.
        Press Department of the Cádiz Town Hall.
        Cádiz Court nº5.
1996-97 I gave English lessons to employees of General
Motors, Cádiz.
1996    English teacher, Forinsur, Cádiz.
1995    Clerical Assistant, Lymington Town Hall, New
Forest District Council, Lymington, Hampshire,
England.
1992    Secretary to Sales Manager, Delco Chassis
Division, Cádiz.
1991    English Interpreter, Hotel Colón, Seville.
1990-91 Clerical Assistant, El Corte Inglés Travel
Agency, Seville.

Other Skills:

-       Typewriting (60 w.p.m.).
-       Clean driving licence. Own car.
-       Computer literate: familiar with Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, Access, Harvard Graphics, Freehand,
Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Internet; both PC and
Macintosh. I have a PC and a Macintosh computer at the
office, both connected to the Internet via DSL, a
digital camera and a scanner, as well as a laptop
ibook (macintosh).
-       I have a fax at the office: 34 56 441463.

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es