savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] [Bug #3167] New fancy icons does not display correctly i

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #3167] New fancy icons does not display correctly in IE6
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:04:02 -0400

=================== BUG #3167: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3167&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: Wed 04/09/03 at 18:04 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Works for me
         Assigned to | None                      | yeupou
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Well, to me it's not a bug to be fixed.

It's just a matter of desire for Microsoft to add an acceptable support of png.
While we care about having Savannah usable with proprietary software like MSIE,
we do not support proprietary software.

With the previous icons, a blue border was showned to mozilla users - which is
largely more problematic, as mozilla is a free software, and so a software we
try to support as possible.

But anyway, it's just a matter of esthetic, not usability. Savannah is usable
with any browser, and best viewed with browsers that support standards.

Note that mozilla is available even for proprietary OS like Microsoft Windows.

=================== BUG #3167: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: None                    Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Wed 04/09/03 at 16:47
Category:  Content                    Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  Looove the new fancy icons, but in IE6 (haven't tested
IE5.x) the icons have either a white or a black board around them. Probably due
to an incorrect or too big colormap.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Wed 04/09/03 at 18:04         By: yeupou
Well, to me it's not a bug to be fixed.

It's just a matter of desire for Microsoft to add an acceptable support of png.
While we care about having Savannah usable with proprietary software like MSIE,
we do not support proprietary software.

With the previous icons, a blue border was showned to mozilla users - which is
largely more problematic, as mozilla is a free software, and so a software we
try to support as possible.

But anyway, it's just a matter of esthetic, not usability. Savannah is usable
with any browser, and best viewed with browsers that support standards.

Note that mozilla is available even for proprietary OS like Microsoft Windows.

CC list is empty

File Attachments

Date: Wed 04/09/03 at 16:47  Name: ie6-colormap-bug.jpg  Size: 103KB   By: None
How IE6 displays the new fancy icons