savannah-dev

[Savannah-dev] Re: help for savannah installation

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: help for savannah installation
Date: 17 Apr 2003 20:31:16 +0200

Marco Mambelli <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Hi, I'm trying a test installation of savannah as normal user.
> I followed the instructions in the INSTALL.verbose
> The file location may not be in the system tree and savannah seems to
> ignore the locations that I provided in the "make conf" step.
>
> My installation is in a different location /data/...
> /data/etc/savannah for config. files
> /data/src/savannah/... for the files coming from CVS repository
> /data/savannah/... for www, cache, etc.
>
> I tryed to get around to the location problems adding some symbolic links
> /etc/savannah -> /data/etc/savannah
> /data/savannah/www -> /data/src/savannah/frontend/php

It seems ok to me.
What is the exact setting of $sys_urlroot ?
It should be /data/savannah/www or /data/src/savannah/frontend/php
(not /data/savannah)

There is no problem using symlinks. I personally have
`/var/www/savannah' -> `/home/projects/savannah/frontend/php'
on my local installation.

> and the warnings/errors that I'm obtaining now regard several
> missing files:
>
> Warning:
> util_get_content(/data/etc/savannah/savannah-content/page_header.txt)
> [function.util-get-content]: failed to create stream: No such file or
> directory in /data/src/savannah/frontend/php/include/utils.php on line
> 31

Did you create /data/etc/savannah/savannah-content by copying content
of /data/src/savannah/site-specific-content?
If not, you should define
$sys_incdir to /data/src/savannah/site-specific-content

run
        sv_update_conf --recreate
to update your config.

Regards,