[Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting multiple Monotone projects

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting multiple Monotone projects
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:43:02 +0200

Hello,

I recently studied Monotone, and I wonder if this is a VCS people
would like to host at platforms such as GNU Savannah
(http://savannah.gnu.org), and how.

I would like to briefly discuss the how first: as far as I could see,
the current server implementation is meant to serve one Monotone
database/repository, with sequential access.

In the case of Savannah, we would need to support potentialy 2000
Monotone repositories, if possible with concurrent access (even if
access is sequential per repository, maybe), and if possible without
the need to run 2000 servers running on 2000 different ports :)

Is there something I missed, or is the current Monotone server not
meant for this kind of usage yet? Is it actually planned at all?

Now, maybe, as a distributed VCS, using Monotone at centralized sites
like Savannah is of little interest. I find it difficult, though, to
publish a repository, be it because of a corporate firewall or a
hardly configurable xDSL router, so I think that's at least one
possible interesting use.

I should note that we don't plan to support Monotone right now (we're
working on other issues at the moment), but I though it would worth
asking in advance :)

Best regards,