[Savannah-hackers-public] CVS changes

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] CVS changes
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:57:33 +0100

In our effort to better structure the Savannah system and get the necessary
fundations for new features, all CVS-related services are moved to
cvs.savannah.gnu.org and cvs.savannah.nongnu.org.

You can use 'sv' instead of 'savannah' for short.

 cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/project co module_name
 cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/project co module_name

Anonymous access over SSH, which has been somewhat troublesome, and uses an
unnecessary encryption (since it is public access), was disabled. The new
structured allowed us to replace it with the more common pserver access.
pserver access is anonymous only.

 cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/project co module_name
 cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/web/project co project

We now use 'sources' and 'web' instead of respectively 'cvsroot' and 'webcvs'
- this sounds clearer. The old path are still supported via symbolic links.

rsync is now enabled on default port (873), you can use it to get your raw
CVS files. With this new service, the (resources consuming) daily tarball
generation script could be disabled.
rsync cvs.savannah.gnu.org::sources/freedink/
rsync cvs.savannah.gnu.org::web/freedink/

ViewCVS was also upgraded. Old URLs are seamlessly redirected to the new
ones.

Commit notification was cleaned-up; this doesn't change much, except that
those receiving notifications and diffs _to the same list_ as separate mails
now get them all in a single mail. You can ignore the deprecation warnings
that CVS issues when sending the e-mail: we need to upgrade our version of
log_accum to support new-style CVSROOT/loginfo format, and meanwhile we use
the old-style format for that particular hook.

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/