[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Mailman upgrade

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Mailman upgrade
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:07:57 +0100

Hi Karl,

I knew that it is planned to revamp the mail system.
I guess nobody wants to work on a setup that will disappear within 3 months.

What do you think we can lose on list.gnu.org?

Also, I recently cleaned-up moderation requests for a closed
mailing-list and saw we have ~100000 pending requests (in
/var/mailman/data). Interesting point is: we have the privileges to
act on this data, and we could delete requests that belong to deleted
lists, or that are more than 3 months old, for example.

I think that would speed up things a bit anyway, because accessing
this directory is really slow, Mailman must do so on a regular basis
to send daily mail about pending request, and this will stay that way
whatever mail system we use (unless the Mailman people started
splitting this directory in later versions).

Maybe we can talk with sysadmin about this issue and see what we can
do right now, what do you think?