Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] First contact.

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] First contact.
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:00:15 +0100

Hello out there.

tizzef @ gmail wrote:
Hi there.
I heard that you are looking for an admin to work day-to-day on the savannah web site.

Yes, particularly for the review of new project submissions. That means
to check if a new project go along with the Savannah policy, the GNU GPL (or compatible licensens) and to check outside requirements.

If you are interested to start in it, please join
#savannah at irc.freenode.fr to start there.

I want to involve myself into Open Source and support FSF and GPL. So, please let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means something pretty close to Free Software, it's frequently
misunderstood.
For more information, please see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

Regards,

--
| kickino.org || logic-bomb.org || forkbomb.ch || herder-gymnasium.de |

<Steve> Even "The Magic 8 Ball" is smart, and knows Microsoft Sucks. It says "Outlook Not Good."