[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Recordings of my speeches

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Recordings of my speeches
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 00:18:03 +0100

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 03:28:29PM -0500, John Sullivan wrote:
> Ok, I think this is the complete list of people who have volunteered to help
> out, or have been helping to find volunteers.
>
> Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Daithí Mac Síthigh <address@hidden> from Ireland has offered to help.
> > I've added him to cc.
> >
> > Where should we build a TODO list?
> >

> The project is in Savannah at http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/audio-video.
> How
> about we use the to-do list ability there?
>
> Who can we list as admins on the project? In other words, who will take
> responsibility for putting up new videos as they come in, or for finding help
> when they are not able to do it themselves in each case?
>
> I think the first step is to change the process by which the site is updated.
>
> Sylvain is looking into doing this via Savannah. Currently it is done via
> rsync
> or something from Nick's home directory on fencepost.gnu.org.
>
> As a first step I will ask the sysadmins to stop the cron job that does the
> sync.

It turns out that audio-video is not sync'd for a while. It stopped
working after some structural change and was never fixed. Apparently
the last sync was around May.

We should be able to provide a SFTP account for the audio-video
project, whose content would be used for http://audio-video.gnu.org .

> > I guess some work to do is to locate further recordings of Richard's talks,
> > if they are of good quality, and add those to the page.  Maybe we should
> > also improve the structure/layout of the gnu.org/philosophy/audio page.
> >

> Yes.

I personaly would like to see
http://stream.unice.fr:8000/essi/stallman.ogg included - it is the
video counterpart for
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html#ESSI04 .
(because I attended it :))

You need to check the copyright first I guess. Contact:
address@hidden