Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: lilypond development moved

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: lilypond development moved
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:06:44 +0100

Sylvain Beucler escreveu:
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 01:17:43PM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Werner LEMBERG escreveu:
However, in collaboration with the savannah hackers, I've now
successfully set up a git repository at savannah.  Check it out at

  http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/
It seems that this host is quite loaded.  The remote part of doing a
`git-clone' took ages...
I think this machine is just savannah, which is loaded indeed.

It's probably due to the fact we have a 1.3GB/180000obj repository
that was never git-repack'ed. I just did so, how about now? :)

If you know about a commit hook that repacks safely (apparently, every
4-5MB is recommended), I'll be happy to install it.

I thought GIT was inherently safe. Johannes?

(Why not use a cron job?)

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com