[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: locate on sv.gnu.org?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: locate on sv.gnu.org?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:47:36 -0600

    What are you using it for?

I used it on occasion, when people wondered if and when a file had been
updated, or trying to track down where or whether some file existed, or
trying to find different versions of some files in multiple
repositories, or whatever.  There is no other easy way of knowing what
is on the system ...

    I remember the updatedb process was quite ressource consuming

Indeed.  Maybe nice -n 19 would help?

Thanks,