Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] removing mailing list posting

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:18:26 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 08:02:28AM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
> Webmasters just got a request from the list owner to remove a posting to
> a mailing list because the post contained a copyrighted article.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fsfe-de/2007-02/msg00003.html
>
> I told him to ask sysadmin, because
>
> 1) I don't know if there's a policy about removing list postings --
>    does anyone?  I didn't see anything in the wiki.  (Although a case
>    like this probably needs to be done.)
>
> 2) the mailman account on lists apparently has no access to the mharc
>    account, ie, /home/mharc/html/fsfe-de/2007-02, where the file is.
>    Is that true?  All the info I could find about archives related to
>    the mbox versions.
>
> Just thought I'd ask ...

It's user ~mharc - you're in the authorized_keys already :)

Policy: I don't change anything unless that's a real emergency -
because there are more urgent things to do. This means I usually don't
deal with information disclosure - if something was public even for a
short amount of time, then it's already replicated in the various
search engine caches and mailing list archives, so there's no use in
having me remove it :)