Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Unix Admin wanted for Savannah Administrat

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Unix Admin wanted for Savannah Administration
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:00:30 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 10:11:20AM -0600, dmp wrote:
> Hello,
> Looks like the post for a Unix admin is still listed after a year so
> it must still be active. Perhaps I could donate some time to the
> site's needs. I have a couple of open source GNU projects. I came
> upon your site while doing a little marketing for one of the
> projects. I have seriously considered hosting the latest over on
> Savannah. I have several years experience working with many
> different OS including Unix/Linux. I'm not sure exacting how the
> first two requirements listed are accomplished though, besides some
> basic research or creating a project.
> danap.
>
> Skill         Level   Experience
> GNU Coding Standards  Base Knowledge  6 Mo - 2 yr
> Software Licensing    Base Knowledge  6 Mo - 2 yr
> GNU/Linux     Good Knowledge  6 Mo - 2 yr
>
> Back to the top
> <https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewjob.php?group_id=5802&job_id=430#top>

Good :)

The last two items are needed by project approvals, in which we
current lack help the most.

Those skills can be improved upon by reading a bit of documentation
that we wrote, reviewing projects with the help of a Savannah admin
first, and then indepently :)

The document can be found in node "Projects approval" of the attached
document (other chapters are outdated though), and in the newer wiki
page at https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/ProjectApproval (which is
meant for users and admins alike).

Are you interested in helping?

Cheers,