[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: cvspserver: moving, but firewall? is in th

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: cvspserver: moving, but firewall? is in the way
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:42:08 +0200

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 04:56:53PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Hi Sylvain,
>>
>> I'm ready to set up and test git-cvsserver.
>> In the cvs vserver, I created this file (please take a look):
>>
>>     /etc/xinetd.d/git-cvspserver
>
> I added the 'pserver' argument. Maybe we'll have to do something
> around --export-all as well. Do you understand what --strict-paths
> means?

Sure.  It's the same as for git-daemon.
I've enabled it here.

FYI, you can use cvs pserver mode to check out gnulib like this:

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/gnulib.git co -d gnulib HEAD

> OK I opened the pserver port.

Thanks.  It works now.

> I don't think that old old stuff is documented. I'll do now, feel free
> to add it somewhere in infra/ :)

I put it in infra/firewall.
However, the instructions in /root/infra.README seem to be out
of date, since running "tla update" in /root/infra gives a diagnostic.