Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savannah project dependencies: status of O

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] savannah project dependencies: status of OpenOffice 2.x ?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:27:46 +0200

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 12:50:14PM +1000, Douglas Ray wrote:
> Has GNU/savannah made a ruling on whether OpenOffice 2.x is free software,
> or non-free, for the purpose of savannah candidate-project dependencies?
>
> Regards,
> Douglas Ray

Hmm, well I'd say OOo is free software. We expect, however, that if
you use Java-dependent features, it has to work with a free software
java suite, such as GCJ+Classpath or IcedTea.

The current Debian packages are in the 'free' section, for that matter:
http://packages.debian.org/openoffice.org

What makes you think we may consider it non-free?