[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Problems with sv_groups

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Problems with sv_groups
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:23:18 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 09:41:19AM -0300, Jonathan Gonzalez V. wrote:

> Hi Beuc,
>
> Looks like I commited a big mistake for accident I ran the sv_groups at
> without enter into the non-shell vserver, this cause to create a lot of
> groups at /etc/groups before I kill the process :S, also create the
> source/ directory at /.
>
> All the groups id before 5000 needs to be delete, but I really want your
> eval first.

This most probably can be fixed (I already did it before, before we
added chroot'd and vserver's environments) - but I don't know all the
places where this has to be fixed. You need to look at the source code
and see what need to be reverted.

> All this was because the sv_groups isn't creating the
> /srv/cvs/sources/uracoli repo, I debug it the sv_groups after the
> mistake, and it's because the group doesn't exist. Do you have a process
> for this kind of task?

I had disabled the cron job when implementing git-cvsserver support. I
forgot to re-enable it :/