Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fw: Cron <address@hidden> /usr/bin/python

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fw: Cron <address@hidden> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/senddigests
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:11:04 -0500

    address@hidden receives this error on a regular basis (I'd say every
    day).

    Any clue?

Basically, no.

We've discussed it before, at some length.  It is obviously a bug
somewhere in mailman but no one has had time/interest to track it down.
Joshua had the thought that maybe turning off the digest delivery option
would stop it, but it didn't.

I've now altered /var/mailman/cron/senddigests.karl to once again skip
libtool-patches (along with gnu-arch-users and myexperiment-topsecret,
for which the problem also happened).

A similar thing happens with checkdbs on bug-coreutils.

If you or anyone wants to delve into it, feel free.  The original
scripts in /var/mailman/cron/*.orig; my changes in *.karl are entirely
trivial.

karl