Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Read-only files in www's CVS repository

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Read-only files in www's CVS repository
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:11:30 +0200

Hi,

It turns out that somebody activated 'cvs watch on' at a point.  This
on a CVS feature where you need to 'cvs edit' before modifying a file,
which triggers the 'notify' hook.
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/cvsmanual/Settingawatch.html

This creates CVS/fileattr files on the server, which is how I spotted
the issue.

You can issue a 'cvs watch off' at the root of the working copy (which
I just did) to recursively cancel this.

I also removed 2 remaining 'CVS/fileattr' files (which referenced
removed files in Attic/ and were not removed; they were harmless, but
it's cleaner this way).

Btw,
> I only reported it here after performing the things in this bullet
> list; I know you're busy and I still feel guilty about that nefarious
> translations project renaming.

There's nothing to be guilty about :)
However, was there progress with renaming the translation project
webpages? I think the renaming stalled there.