Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #368989] Ocelote GUG

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #368989] Ocelote GUG
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:48:27 +0300

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> I don't know who this mail is adressed to, but anyway:

To webmasters + Savannah hackers.

> 1) People may attach a webpage to the registration or to e-mails
> before they are uploaded at nongnu.org

I thought of that too, but in case like this it means that the
requirement to be listed at /gnu/gnu-user-groups.html should be
dropped.

Or, alternatively, if it is attached to the email to
address@hidden, webmasters can approve it and ask the OP about
the task number where someone can ACK that the group has been approved
(but not listed yet as there is no page online).

> 2) The "webpage" requirement looks like a way to discuss with the GUG
> owner about what they emphasize, what they spread the word about. The
> requirement could be worded differently to include other ways to check
> the ideals of that GUG, but webpages are a pretty good way to see what
> ideas the GUG will make public.

This is something to think about.

> Also, in the facts, is there many GUG that do not wish to publish
> any webpage about them?

Yes, there are several groups that have Google/Yahoo group only which
is AFAIU an interface to a newsgroup.

What to do now?  According to the current rules, the "ocelote"
Savannah project cannot be approved, and webmasters cannot list the
Ocelote GUG as there is no webpage.